Saturday 9 June 2012

VIE Vanishing Act, Self Tan Corrector for those Tanning Disasters!



No matter whether a bronzing beginner or someone who has a talent for tanning, you certainly will or definitely have at some point,  experienced that awful moment the morning after tanning.  
 You've washed off your guide colour and most of your skin is an even, golden glow, result, but then you notice that nuisance dry area is looking considerably darker/more orange than the rest of you, your knuckles or fingers are looking suspiciously stripy or you may have hit the jackpot and got a really nice telltale tanning streak. This moment usually occurs on the day of a special event or occasion, well it would do wouldn't it?! The suual response is to panic, try scrubbing the area till your skin is sore, get the tan back out to cover it up/blend it in (this never works by the way) or begin an outfit overhaul in order to hide the mishap in question.   
Wellll....panic no more, those days are over if you purchase this magic potion of a product that will get rid of / lessen the appearance of those tanning mishaps!
Does it work? Yes I would say it does, although its not as straightforward or as easy as it claims, but is anything? 
As you can see from the pictures I had a tanning trouble after tanning late at night and in a hurry, I wasnt concentrating and was a tad slap-dash and ended up with (serves me right for not taking this tanning session seriously) a lovely orange streak on the side and back of my ankle, attractive.

I sprayed, as directed, the lotion onto a cotton wool pad and gently swept, as directed, over my ankle, slight removal of tan, but to really disguise the streak I had to apply more of an active rub than a gentle sweep and used 2 cotton wool pads, Im not particularly bothered that is took more than advised I'm just happy it lessened the appearence of the orange streak on my ankle and leg


RRP is around £6, but I found this gem on the shelves of Boyes for £1.99, a small price to pay for this tanning security blanket.  


Have you tried this, what other methods have you used or heard of to get rid of tanning errors?


Leigh xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow it really looks like it works! How brilliant!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks genius! I always panic about fake tan going wrong as I'm so fair I think it'd be ridiculously obvious on me! This looks like a life saver!

    Fab blog following you now!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great to have as a back up plan!

      Oh Thank you, will check yours out :0
      x

      Delete
  3. I could have done with this last july, I decided to fake tan before I went away, It went streaky for the first time in my life, typical, had to run in the shower and scrub a few hours before i had to leave :|

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. argh i knwo thats the type of nightmare I worry about! get this product!
      x

      Delete