Thursday 7 July 2011

TK Maxx Bargain Finds: Gorgeous Storage, Ecotan Exfo and Make Believe Tan

I always love a good mooch around TK Maxx! You just can not go wrong from the clothes (there are designer bargains to be had!), to the underwear, to the house accessories (I've got my eye on some vintage looking union jack cushions and welcome mat!), they do fabulous handbags, hat and umbrellas(as a pedestrian living in north east England - I do find myself in need of a sturdy brolly!) to the toiletries...especially the toiletries!!!!


I was having a quick scour (I do recommend a good 2 hours if you are really dedicated to having a good old rummage) in my lunch break and found some really good bargains and finds.  Pic Below:





This is a pic of them all together individual pics and descriptions below

Vintage Boutique Make up/Toiletries/Jewellery Box

Vintage Boutique Storage £12.99 TK Maxx

I have placed my everyday use toiletries in this gorgeous storage box, there is a lift out layer on the top that I have placed my cotton wool pads and cotton wool buds in - this makes my skin care routine so much more pleasurable - the flip open lid is so easy to open and I can't wait to get some new Elemis products to fill it up!




I cannot Beleive I found this Eco Tan Body Exfoliator for £3.00!! What a bargain - I remember watching QVC as a teenager and loving the Ecotan show.  



Eco Tan Exfoliator £3.00 sale price TK Maxx

I used it that night and loved it - it is just the right amount of grittiness (any avid self tan user or exfo enthusiast will know the importance of the grittiness level).  

It isn't harsh but nor wimsical at the same time - it doesn't leave a residue as you would expect for any exfoliator that is to be used before a self tan - but I would use it as my usual exfoliator too .  The fragrance is really refreshing. I will go as far as to say it is a close contender to Elle Macphereson's The Body Start The Day body Polish (another great Pre-tanning exfo).  

It is a big size too I would say if I use it twice a week it will last about 3 months, possibly longer!


I also picked up an eye gel:




Robanda triple Action Eye Gel £4.00 Sale Price TK Maxx


This eye gel is quite cooling on the eye area - but I am finding it a tad sticky..maybe I am applying too much?

My other find is the Make Believe Tan Discovery Kit

Make Believe Discovery Kit £5.00 Sale Price TK Maxx
It contains 

Self Tan Lotion
Gradual Self Tan
Night Time Facial Tan


All the products are un-tinted...now I usually stay away from un-tinted tans as I fell safe wit tans with a guide colour...but I was brave and i thought you just can't not get this bargain.  Anyway I was at a party on Saturday night, so on the Friday I exfoliated with my EcoTan :)... and applied the Self Tan Lotion 

I found the lotion quite thick and creamy... not a good sign.... but it did sink in relatively quick for a lotion (mousses tend to dry quicker) and the thickness meant you needed to rub and it sort of helped to cover all areas.  I only did my arms upper back chest and face as that was all that was on show at the party lol! I was scared in case I had any streaks where I may have missed parts but hey presto - no streaks!

The colour was a nice natural glow and didn't make elbows orange!

I wouldn't apply this tan before an important event due to maybe missing any bits but I love the colour, I will probably apply 2 coats plus a couple coats of the gradual tan to get my normal desired tan colour but this is a great product for a summer glow.  

Another advantage point is that it doesn't leave you looking like a mud pit monster after applying and doesn't stain the sheets - both due to no guide colour so there goes to show there are pro's to having no guide colour 

I wouldn't recommend this product to the novice tanner - maybe try the gradual tanner first - as if un-practised in the art of self tanning streaks could occur.  

Overall I am extremely pleased with my TK Maxx bargains and will be back again soon...after pay day to get those cushions and welcome mat!

Leigh





No comments:

Post a Comment