Wednesday 21 March 2012

Rimmel Match Perfection Bronzer & Concealer Review




Dontcha just love good ol' Boots and their good ol' 3 for 2 offers, I decided to take advantage with the Rimmel Make up, I spied their new Match Perfection Bronzer as it has a silver middle, so intrigued and in desperate need of a bronzer I chose to try this one






This is the light shade (med and med/dark also available) as if you choose a bronzer too dark you WILL look orange.  The silvery bit in the middle contains blue sapphire pigments which are said to counteract the dreaded tangerine tones that can occur.  


This bronzer goes on really smooth and doesn't look orange or too dark, the only thing is that as I have dry skin at the moment and it did start to look patchy at the end of day approx 7 hours wear.  


Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting 2 in 1 Concealer and Highlighter



This product has a brush applicator and a soft squeezy tube, don't squeeze too hard though...you'll end up with overflow!
I use a highlighting / light reflecting concealer under the eyes at the end of my make up routine to brighten the eye area - use patting motions DON'T RUB!


I thought this product would be better than the twisty / clicky concealers but I can already tell that once the concealer starts to run out it will be hard to get the dregs out , although I suppose I could cut the tube and scrape out the leftovers once it stops squeezing out.  

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer

Although Its best to use illuminating concealers under the under eyes dont use these on your blemishes (no-one appreciates a highlighted zit!)
Try to use a concealer stick or one that has more of a paste texture that can be easily blended UNDERNEATH your foundation in a colour that exactly matches the skin. 


This product is a basic that everyone must own, it may be cheap but does what it says on the tin - it "HIDES THE BLEMISH!)

*Rimmel Stay matte Dual Action Concealer is great for treating spots whilst disguising them as it contains a green centre which counteracts the redness of a blemish, this also helps to disguise thread veins or broken capillaries around the nose area.  

What are your fave cheap and cheerful concealing / base products??


Love Leigh Leigh xx


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love the look of this bronzer, it looks so luxurious!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a great bronzer but i may have needed the medium instead of light oops! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm loving Rimmel at the moment, I went nuts on the boots 3-for-2 as well and ended up buying like 15 things haha! The match perfection concealer caught my eye in the shop like a YSL dupe but I picked up the darn collection 2000 one instead!!
    Never mind,
    love from, your newest follower,
    Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah thanks for the follow i will check out your blog too :)

      I know, love Boots offers they're great especially if you have a threshold coupon to use too, this concealer is a bit fiddly to use with it being squeezy its a bit random on how much product comes out - but its a great concealer!

      xxx

      Delete