Monday 19 September 2011

New Product Crush - Instant Wash Off Tan!

 soo I regard my self as a Self Tan Snob...although my guilty pleasure was St Moriz but I've stopped using it now as it totally dries my skin out.


I have always in the past hopped from St Tropez Lotion and Mousse to Fake Bake to Xen Tan even California Tan with the odd Salon spray tan thrown in there...I've been using them for years and I'm somewhat of a Self tan Connoisseur.  I had never before May this year used an Instant Wash Off Tan...I sorta turned my nose up at them and just thought they were orange nasty and unreliable...WELL I can now say I have overcome my fear of Instant Wash off Tans and will be using them on a regular basis and can recommend them with glee and enthusiasm.


The Brand that helped me uncover this revelation was Vita Liberta 24 Carat Gold Instant Shimmer Tan- Available here or here.  This Instant tan goes on with no smell, best to apply liberally with a Tanning Mitt.  it blends in really easily on goes on a Golden / Caramelly colour with a subtle shimmer (honestly it's really subtle so your not gonna look like you've been attacked with a bag of glitter!).  


I ordered a new bottle of this before my holiday but it didn't arrive in time so the day before I went I had to scour the high street for a cheap alternative...I hesitantly decided to choose Superdrug's Solait brand Instant Tan in Matte (scared of an unknown shimmer product) and for £3.99 the damage to my holiday spending money was minimal. I can say that this is an amazing product - I thought because it was fairly inexpensive it may be orange but it was a dream....a great alternative to  Vita Liberata and it was my holiday lifesaver. Again apply liberally with a Tanning mitt, great coverage, great cover, great blending, great all rounder basically!



As with all Tanning, exfoliation is the key and I always moisturise the usual tan absorbing culprits (elbows, knees, ankles, and wrists,  most overlook the wrists but I always moisturise here as a patchy wrist can let down an otherwise perfect and elusive DIY tan). 

Has anyone else found any great instant tans or what are your best self tanning tips??? 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment